Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easy Like Sunday

Now that I am 3 years old I decided I should give Mom a present for my birthday. Please do not any of you faint or anything but ~ this morning I let her pick me up and set me on her lap. Of course I have done that before but this time was special ~ instead of sitting there for 20 seconds and leaving I settled down into a loaf in the crook of her elbow and pushed my nose up against her body and prrrrrrrrrrrrrrd and prrrrrrrrrrrrrrd and prrrrrrrrrrrrrrd and insisted that she give me forehead smooches and cheek scritches and I stayed there for at least a squillion hours! (Note from Mom: This is the first time Tiger Lily actually snuggled on my lap. She stayed for about 15 minutes and it sure felt wonderful!)

Mom was not able to get proof of this with her clicky flashy box 'cuz her hands were just a little bit busy and she was afraid to call my Daddy 'cuz she knew that would make me jump down so I decided to post this picture of me just before I followed the sunspot across the carpet.

My Daddy is taking Mom to Bottomless Lakes State Park today so they can grill some pork steaks and hike a little bit and just enjoy being outdoors without having stuff to do in the yard. My woofies are going with them but Ruckus and I have to stay home. I do not think it will be hard for us because I am pretty sure I do not want to go anywhere near a bottomless lake. I hope they have fun though.

Have a great Sunday!

7 comments:

CCL Wendy said...

Oh Tiger Lily! What a wonderful turn of events for both you and your mommy. Let's hope this is just the furst of many lap cuddles to come.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Congratulations Tiger Lily! We don't sit in Mom's lap either. She keeps hoping that we will. Angel will be 3 in August (we think) but has only been inside for a year. She gets closer to being a snuggle kitty every day!

The Island Cats said...

Tiger Lily, we bet you made your mom real happy! We hope they enjoy their pork steaks...sounds yummy!

The Army of Four said...

That is so special! I'll bet your mom thought it was the best gift you could give her! (Other than being her little kit-cat and all.)
Play bows,
Zim

Chesney Cats said...

What a wonderful gift you gave your mom!!

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

That was a wonderful gift to give to your Mom. She must have enjoyed your time together like that.

Mickey's Musings said...

First, Happy Belated Birthday to you & Ruckus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was a pawsome present you gave your Mom too :) We bet she is still smiling!!!!!!!!!
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie